Swiss Buttercream Frosting and Filling Mix: Angel Bake
Makes meringue, fresh Swiss buttercream, or creamy frosting for decorating French Macarons, cupcakes and cakes. Product is gluten free and low sugar. Doesn’t contain starch, preservatives, or hydrogenated oils. Need a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer.
Makes 5 cups enough for 36 cupcakes or a 9 inch cake.
- Make meringue: add half a cup of HOT water to the buttercream mix. Whip on high for 4 minutes or until meringue is stiff.
- Gradually add 2 sticks of soft unsalted butter (not included) while mixer is running.
- Whip 1 more minute or until buttercream is silky and smooth.
- Optional step: add food coloring, flavoring such as Angel Bake extracts, jams, ganache, coffee/espresso, cocoa, nuts, spices, or liqueurs as desired. Whip 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Pipe while at room temperature. Reduce butter for cake frosting. Buttercream can be refrigerated or frozen. May need to whip to reconstitute once product is back at room temperature.
- Flavored buttercream tastes great on toast, muffin, bagel, pancakes, and waffles.
- The meringue made in step 1 can be used as pie topping and to make meringue cookies. To make Meringue cookies, simply add coloring and flavoring, scoop on baking tray lined with parchment paper, bake at 300 ‘F for 30 mins, turn off the oven and leave for 2 hours before removing from oven.
- Nutrition facts for buttercream accounts for butter added by the customer. The mix does not contain butter or milk as shipped. This product uses pasteurized egg-white to make meringue, not a concoction of fillers, thickeners, and hydrogenated oils to make it look like the real thing.
- To make dairy free buttercream, simply use dairy free butter alternatives instead of dairy butter.